Tuesday, April 01, 2008

 

Lammin Kataja 330ml:

I will admit some people have a problem with the Lammin beers (if you can call them beers)but not me I love "em. This beer is a Sahti brew from Finland. The Kataja is their most subdued version of their traditional Sahti. Deep amber/copper in color with little to no head. This brew has a malty / caramel sweetness and a whiff of Juniper in the nose. The flavor is of heavy doughy, chocolate and caramel. The finish perks up with a hint of juniper. Now I have had a few Sahtis in my day and this one is the smoothest by far. Most are a lot more piquet and earthy. So if you are ever offered a homebrewed Sahti out of a long handled bucket, expect something rather different that this one.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?