Thursday, October 25, 2007

 

Sierra Nevada Harvest 24oz:

Ok, due to their large distribution area I am not inclined to take on Sierra Nevada products but to be honest I have never got to try their Harvest ale so I just had to get a couple of cases. I’m glad I did. The 2007 vintage is deep amber in color with a big rocky head that laces well. The aroma is resiny and citrusy with a whiff of grass. It has a full mouth feel and the malt comes through as caramel but it is the hop flavor that is what works. Not big on the bitter but the pine and grapefruit hops are well placed and the minor floral and spice hop tones peek though time and again. When chilled the finish is rather dry but as it warms up the caramel malt shows up more and more at the end.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?